Monday, January 23, 2012

2011: the year I became a runner

A year goes by so much more quickly when you run. And I'm not evening speaking metaphorically here. I seriously feel like it was just yesterday when I ran my first 5k (Feb), my first half marathon (May), and more recently my first marathon (Oct). And the training, oh lawd, the training. That time I got mild hypothermia from not wearing the proper running gear on that super windy day in April. And all the cool gear, the Garmin GPS watch for my birthday and the Nike+ running app on my iPhone. All those snowy cold or blazing hot or just plain windy day runs on the treadmill (in the tiny blazing hot gym, might I add). But you get the idea. When you do something consistently throughout an entire year, that year is easier to remember and feels like it holds more meaning and value somehow. I was a runner this year, how awesome is that. Pretty awesome to me.


BUT NOW. It's almost the end of January. And unfortunately, December didn't treat me well (or more like I didn't treat MYSELF well in December.) And my weight graph for 2011 looks like a smirking smiley face. And while smiles are great, when it comes to gravity I just want a meh face. Even my Nike+ running mini is sitting on her fatass, talking about how much I need to run.

Well, when the running mini says it, you gotsta listen.

So, tomorrow I'll get her up off the ground. I can't say it'll be a great run, but heck any run at this point is a good thing. Here's to 2012. And to ending it somewhere beyond where I started!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I am so proud of you! We all have our minor set-backs, but girl.... I know you got this! I loveeee your running mini - hahahaha!!! I used the Wii fit the other day and it said "Momma, is that you?" It was full of snark and condescension. Awesome. Love you!

    ReplyDelete