Friday, March 22, 2013

yeaaaaah 2012 wasn't the best running year for little nyssa....

....but 2013 WILL BE!! Here's some proof.

This is my Nike+ summary graph for 2012. Total miles: 7.30 and look at that TURRIBLE pace drop off.



This is 2013!!!! I'm already off to an amazing start, with 85 miles and that pace is BANGIN, if I do say so myself.




My 2011 mileage is a lot more comparative to my new 2013 graph, and that makes little nyssa extremely happy. 


The major difference between 2011 and this years running record is the terrain. I've been trying to embrace the outdoors, and I think it takes away some of the struggle I got when I tried transitioning back and forth from the treadmill to Reno's INSANE hills. I'd have to keep the incline on like 29 just to begin simulating even my easy 3-miler outside.

Another big thing I've found this time around is the benefit of changing up the route.  I've found fantastic local neighborhood mountain views while distracting myself from counting the time or miles. Plus, I LOVE making awesome route shapes, like baby dinos and Thundercats! (elaborative post to come!)

As for March, I need about 28 miles to crush 2011's March mileage. Let's do this! And to ensure that I do, I leave my future-self with this inspirational kick-in-the-ass:

3 comments:

  1. This post is SO inspiring!! I love that pic! You got this, Nyssa! I have faith in you, and you're going to ROCK it in 2013! Much love for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KK says 'you go gurl!' We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ladies keep my motivated!!! Thank you so much for the bloggy love and inspiration to keep blogging and running! xoxo

    ReplyDelete