Friday, February 4, 2011

the great, mountainous outdoors

Today, Sandy and I went for a joggy run around the local neighborhood. I started slow in the hopes of slowing my pace down to conserve for longer miles, but I needn't (AWESOME WORD) have even bothered: the terrain kicked my ass. Twice, in fact. But I made it up the MaeAnne Hill of Death. (if you have Nike+ look me up, my user name's nyssa1. You can see my awesome drop off in speed upon reaching the top of said MAHD.)

But I made it, and even ran an extra lap around my apt. complex. AND my lungs didn't catch on fire from the cold-dryness (which is pretty amazing). All-in-all, it was a pretty sweet run, especially factoring in my monthly bill (that came yesterday on my off day. booo.)

AND then we bought a digital scale to replace the cheap non-digital one, and Mr. Digital (who tracks weight and BMI) told me I weight 5 lbs less than originally thought!! score one for little nyssa.

Tomorrow, Brad will be destroyed in the nike + challenge. Off to sleep (so I can make good on said destruction trash-talk).

1 comment:

  1. off to sleep at 8:27pm huh?? on a FRIDAY NIGHT?? .... yeahhhh right, don't lie to the reader's

    ReplyDelete