Sunday's the big day, so I think I may go on an out doorsey run tomorrow afternoon (really put the sensor to the test), do another run Friday, and then either cross-train (which I should probably be doing anyway) or go for a shorter distance run Saturday.
Today was a later-than-usual run on the treadmill. Toolbag from 1980's was there, doing some arm-lifty things. I was running pretty good, pushing up the incline to around 5.0 in attempt to simulate the crazy terrain out here, and I made it to around mile 2 when I started to doubt; when to my (at the time) dismay, 1980's toolbag decides to hop on the treadmill next to mine. And as he starts jogging (at a fast pace because he's a super-buff-workoutallthetime-toolbag) I began to realize that his pace was sort of matching mine. It turned into almost a game, where out of the corner of my eye, his running motions inspired me to keep running and even run faster to keep up with his running motions. This "game," Sandy assures me, is why race day will be so much fun, and to be honest, I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment